1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bullied by my ex boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by anthonybg, Oct 22, 2016.

1. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

I broke up with my ex a month ago. We had a long distance relationship, we'd never met each other. We started chatting on a site, then we decided to take things on another level. We "dated" but truth is, I never felt anything. I mean, how can you possibly fall in love with someone you've never seen. I thought I had feelings for him, turned out it was just a moment of excitement that I'd found someone with whom I we had so much in common. I told him about it, because I didn't want to lie to him anymore. He started insulting me, I tried to keep it classy and never once insulted him. Quite the opposite, I tried to explain that I genuinely cared for him as a friend but nothing else. Since things got worse, I just blocked him. Now, I'm back in that site. I posted a photo of myself. Now I see that he has left a negative and quite offensive comment which contains lies about me just to make other people hate me. He's hurt, I know but I think he overreacts and exaggerates so I blocked him.
    What do I do? I feel so bad now. Does he have the right to say that about me? Can't he understand that what we had is in the past now? Should I tell him about it? Is he even gonna listen?

2. robclem21

He feels hurt and misled. Unfortunately when you break up with someone they aren't always as rationale as you might hope. You need to remember that you likely broke his heart. Even though you weren't into him, he was definitely into you so I don't know if I would consider this you "being bullied" by him. In some time he will get over it and move on. I don't think you should contact him. I think you should let him be and ignore his actions. He might never be a fan of you again and thats something you need to be okay with.

3. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm sorry this is happening. Most people can take breakups in a responsible manner, but your ex boyfriend seems to be taking it really poorly. Even though I sympathize with him for being heart broken, that doesn't excuse his shitty behavior. I think you have tried your best to communicate with him, so I suggest you cut him off entirely. Don't let him write on your posts. He may be the type who will hold a grudge even 10 years later unfortunately. Don't let this less than ideal breakup stop you from pursuing other relationships, and especially don't let it stop you from ending a relationship again when you feel it isn't working. Trust me, most people take breakups much better than this.

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would stay away. If he's acting this way now, just imagine how bad things would have gotten in a serious relationship. You dodged a bullet.

Take the high road. If anyone asks, tell them what you told us.