1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girlfriend's family

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Brittenelle C, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Brittenelle C

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    im 16 ive been dating my gf for 5 months shes 15, she says shes not ready for sex and im ok with that but her parents keep wiggling their way into our relationship and sex life they always warn me if i do anything to make her upset they'll kill me but im used to hearing that but its just really making me mad about how their always in the middle of our relationship and ive asked my gf to move in with me but her parents always say no they've told me before that they don't trust me and also when we sleep at her parents house they make us leave the bedroom door open and her dad comes in every 2 hours to make sure were not making out or having sex, its gotten to a point where i feel so weird around her parents that i sneak in the window when their asleep just to see my gf then i leave before dawn, any advise?

#1 Brittenelle C, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  2. robclem21

Well first. You are only 16, and she is 15, so as much as you don't want to hear this, I agree with her parents. Even though they may be going a bit overboard by coming in every 2 hours, I think it is totally within their responsibility as parents to make you sleep with the door open and not let you move in together before you are even half way through high school.

For advice. I would say respect her parents rules and follow them. Especially given the fact your gf has said she is not comfortable with sex yet, this shouldn't even be an issue. Stop sneaking in at night because as long as you are both dependent on her parents, its best if they like you. If they come between you and your gf, you can be sure that will be the fastest thing to ruin your relationship. I can see there is a reason they don't trust you, so try to focus on improving their trust in you and following their rules in their house would be the first step.

I doubt you like that advice but if you want honesty, there it is.

#2 robclem21, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  3. killswitch0029

I'm not sure how consent laws are where you live, but where I live 16 is the age of consent so in that sense I can kind of see where her parents are coming from. I agree with robclem21 that you really should be respecting her parents' wishes. Like it or not her parents are going to be in the picture until she turns 18 so trying to coexist with them is something you gotta do to make things work out.

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This doesn't sound like a homophobic problem to me. If you were a boy, her parents would be doing all they can to make sure you are not having sex with her via the same options. She is very young and It's their house rules.

She is 15. She is too young to move in with you. Right now she has to follow her parents' house rules.