1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay friends flirty

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kaiken, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Kaiken

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have many gay friends so I'm not sure, but I have a new friend that I've known for a few weeks and he's been great fun.

My question is how do gay men relate to each other. He's sometimes mockingly flirty or sends racy text messages hoping to elicit a response. He's never stepped over the line in any way, but I don't know how to interpret behaviors from other gay men.

Is it normal to make crass jokes or use sexual innuendo? How do you react with your gay friends? Just trying to get a better sense of things. Thanks.

2. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That depends on the person. One gay man I'm friends with would never say anything off color or risque even to his partner.

Another does exactly what you describe with me, and yes I have a female body but, I get the over the top flirts, off color jokes and innuendo from him a lot. I do it right back, nothing to it beyond being good friends and having fun.

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    DAFriend is right...for myself I have gay friends whom I am very close with and some of them do flirt with me and sends me racy texts/voicemails. However, I don't put too much thought into it because they have been doing this for such a long time and I consider it to be part of their demeanor. Where as I have a couple of friends who do not conduct themselves in this manner and they too have been in my life for a long period of time as well. Therefore, I would have to say from what you've described in your post..I would not take it too seriously unless it becomes more than just talk and become touchy feely and then you would know for sure. However, in regards to the flirting...a lot of gay guys displays this type of behavior. As DAFriend mentioned in his post..its just good friends having fun.

4. Rachelmk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreeing with the other posters here. A lot of my queer friends flirt with me and each other, not at all serious about it. Other queer friends I have are a little more reserved. If it makes you uncomfortable, you can always tell him that. Communication is always good.