1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm falling for him

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by anthonybg, Oct 28, 2016.

1. anthonybg

anthonybg Guest

I think I'm falling in love with a guy who doesn't even know I exist. I never thought I'd fall for a stranger but I did. I just love everything about him - his laugh, his masculine vibe, his charming smile and his energy - everything he does, even the silly boyish behavior drives me crazy. I even started getting jealous of all the boys and girls I see around him! But I'm afraid he might be hetero and of course, he doesn't even know me personally.

So, what should I do? Try to start a conversation and see what will happen? What if he's straight, what if he doesn't want to be friends with my fat ass? Please help! How can I cope with those emotions and thoughts in my head?

2. Rachelmk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dealing with new feelings for someone is very difficult. This sort of infatuation is usually caused by "surface" traits in my experience: their charisma, looks, smile, etc. Getting to know this guy might help you stop idolizing him in your mind, as you learn more about him and what makes him human, not a god on a pedestal. If he turns out to be straight, if he turns out to just not be into you, if he turns out to be an asshole to you, then he's not the right guy. I know it sounds lame and cheesy but it's true. But you'll never know until you get to know the real type of guy he is. Best of luck!

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey anthonybg,

As I’m sure you know, a relationship can’t work if it is one-sided. Likewise if the two of you can’t even just be friends, the relationship is going nowhere.

So, I’d say just try to approach him slowly and see if the two of you can be friends first. As you say, start a conversation with him. Do you have things in common? Is he even interested in hanging out with you? If so, you can develop a friendship relationship and start to get a feel for whether or not he might return your romantic feelings. Maybe even talk to some of his other friends and find out what kinds of things he’s interested in – that might give you a subject or two to start a conversation with him.

If he’s not even interested in being friends with you, there isn’t really anything you can do about that. Pretty much everyone on this site has had a crush on someone who didn’t return their romantic feelings. When that happens, there are all sorts of coping mechanisms people resort to, but ultimately, it just takes time to get over a really strong crush.

I hope some of that helps.:slight_smile:

#3 Quantumreality, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016