1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing Trust

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nightdream, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm reaching adulthood in a few months and since I was 16/17 I began to notice that I've been becoming more uncomfortable living with my family. It's not abuse or desire to be free, exactly. I'm just getting sick of living with other people. I never feel at home with anybody around me. I rely mostly on social apps or my diary to deal with feelings of loneliness instead of talking to the others, but even typing with strangers and old friends became a thing that bothers me.

There are a few recent events that made me end up like this. I just don't think I can change what happened and I can't think about anything else to do. I'm beginning to lose my patience over other people and I feel colder around them, like I can't see any kind of sign of humanity in anybody. Every good thing I see someone else doing, it feels "fake" and any positive thing that is said to me too.

Okay, so I really don't know what's going on here. I don't know if this is normal for people growing up or if I wasn't supposed to feel like that. Any advice? I don't want to close up to anybody...

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know for myself when I was around 18 years old I began to feel uncomfortable living with family and before I moved out...I would stay away from home a lot. There were a few events that made me come to feel uncomfortable and closed in being around family but one of the things that I despise was their attempts to control everything I do in my life and when I stood firm against them or either one of them..the whole brigade would have an attitude with me where they would stop speaking to me altogether as if I committed a murder. However, usually when you are entering adulthood you go through wanting to expand and take your life in your control so to speak. I know some of my nieces and nephews are between the age gap of 18-23 and they are talking or have moved out on their own so you are not alone in feeling this way.

3. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand. I'm not going to move out soon, but I hope to get a good job and manage to get away from home. I'd like to have more control over my life even if things get harder. I'm just not a kid anymore. I can relate to what you said, I can't really go against my parents or disagree with their decisions. Probably because I'm still their child. Well, thanks a lot.

4. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds to me like fairly normal coming into adulthood. I adored my parents but I moved out at 18 and genuinely could not imagine me having lived with them longer than that. It was just time for me to go have my own life.

5. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh most definitely wait until you have yourself somewhat established financially before making such a drastic move. I had assumed that you did but now that you've mentioned your current situation then like you said...I would just get involved with some kind of activities in order to stay out of their way or as you have mentioned ...get a job. Best wishes...JS