1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want use dating app

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Shasta, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I want to use a dating app but I don't know how to describe myself.

#1 Shasta, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to move this over to Family, Friends and Relationships, where there's some more dating advice.

Hmm, my advice is to keep it fairly brief but friendly. Talk about your hobbies. Put yourself in the mind of the person who's reading it. It's hard to start a conversation with someone when you know nothing about them. If you list a hobby, they might say "oh, I'm into horror movies too - which are your favourites?". It's a nice icebreaker!

Remember, with online dating, it's always good to keep your wits about you. There are nice people out there, but they are hidden amongst some very strange people. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Don't be too disheartened if it doesn't work for you straight away.

3. killswitch0029

What Spartan said is pretty sound advice.

To add onto that, make sure you are crystal clear about what it is that you're looking for. There are a lot of nutcases out there that will bombard you with really weird sh*t, but showing that you do have standards as to what it is you're tying to achieve will help to somewhat lessen having to deal with such people.