1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking a break?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by vivien, Nov 1, 2016.

1. vivien

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello, so me and my girlfriend of 6 months decided to take a break from our relationship mainly due to my anxiety. I've suffered from it for quite a long time and it got even more elevated after we got together due to my unsupportive parents (I'm still in a closet, but pretty paranoid). We agreed on going back to being friends, but it's too painful for me to live like this. We talk like we've always did, but it just doesn't feel the same anymore. It was a LDR, she lives in a different town so we are able to only chat. I thought we would set a date in the future when we talk about when this thing is going, but she just said we can try being together when we both heal. And I'm certainly not healing right now. I miss her so much and I can't stand that I can't tell her how much I love her anymore. We've been best friends for a years before pursuing a relationship,but it's not the same anymore. I feel like I hurt her with my anxiety confession and that we won't be able to be back together after this break.

#1 vivien, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  2. Smores

I think it's difficult to have any kind of relationship, platonic or otherwise, when you are struggling with something like anxiety. I'm sure you miss her but perhaps you should see a professional to help you with your anxiety so you can be more able to have the types of relationships you want.