1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No chance.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Alexrocks1253, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have no chance with anybody. Some of the guys and girls here can be huge dicks, regardless of if they reject me or not. I really want to date someone, but everyone is a jerk. I can't trust anybody like I could in the U.S. I have only one friend. :tantrum::tears:

2. Smores

I'm sorry to hear, I know what that's like. I'm being homeschooled because I couldn't make friends and everyone is rude. I only have one friend now. The best thing to do is go places where people will share your interests like the library, park, movies, etc.

3. neonliv

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    try working on yourself first. i know it may feel like there's nobody out there, but that's rarely true. try not to have a "nobody will like me" attitude and dont give up.

4. mattni

If you can't find anyone in school try outside of school. There will always be someone who likes you for who you are no matter what. You just have to keep looking.

5. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you need to stop comparing Spain and the US, Spain and the US (and Europe in general) have very little in common and the way of life is extremely different.
    I say that as someone who have lived in the US and currently live in Spain.

If you keep comparing you'll only hate it more. Accept that the two lifestyle are different and embrace those differences.

People can be dicks but spanish people, in general, are extremely nice and welcoming. If you show them that you dislike them or that you think they are "jerks" or compare them to your old friends then of course they'll be less inclined to be welcoming.

Personally, as a European, I found american extremely superficial in their relationship and friendship in general. I couldn't stand the "Hi, how are you ?" with a grin that you would receive from litterally everyone and anyone as if they genuinely cared. But I accepted that this was how things were working in America and I learnt to appreciate this difference and the effort Americans put in to try and make people comfortable by being overly nice to them. In America it's also very common to say thing you don't mean like " Oh you should totally come to X" when you don't actually expect the person to come or show up there and are just being nice. It was something that took me a while to adjust and knowing you've been in Spain for little time, you may still need a little bit of time to get used to the way people interact here.

Why do you think everyone is a jerk to you ? What do they do that bother you or make you feel uncomfortable or disliked ?

Madrid is seriously one of the best places in the world to be gay. You are quite young to be in the scene and I guess clubbing and all of this isn't really an option but I am pretty sure there are many LGBT groups in Madrid and LGBT related groups. World pride is going to be in Madrid this year, and I highly doubt you'll find a single place in America that is more accepting of gay people than Madrid.

You'll find jerks everywhere I am afraid but I highly doubt that everyone is a jerk, I really think it's more about culture differences and you needed more time to adapt and to stop comparing your old life to this one.

Try having a more positive approach. Instead of comparing the negative things that Madrid has, try and compare your old life to this one positively. What have improved in your life since you got here ? What can you do here than you couldn't do there? What do you like about Madrid or Spain in general ? etc...
    I can come up with dozens of things I like about Spain more than my homecountry and I am sure you can to!

Don't give up, you are young and you'll eventually find someone! :slight_smile:

#5 Lin1, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  6. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok. Thank you. (*hug*) I'll Try to work on myself more and try to find some of the good things about this country. The reason that I think lots of people in my school are jerks is because I just can't trust them at all. They're accepting of me, (thank God,) but I'm just not sure... Maybe they're immature and insecure? Idk...