1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The flirting game

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RainbowGreen, Nov 5, 2016.

1. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, so I made a thread about my crush a few weeks ago asking how I could get his number.

I did get his Skype info, which is frankly even better, but I'm still having trouble with the rest.

I only see him twice a week (an improvement over last time, since now I also sit next to him on the main lecture on Monday), and when I don't see him, I'd still like to talk to him. However, I never know what to say. I'm always afraid that he'll be uninterested in talking with me or that I'm bothering him (he does have a lot of homework to get done). What happens is that I find a pretext to text him, talk to him a bit, and then the conversation dies off. I guess he's just not a heavy texter.

In person, he'll lean towards me when we're sitting together and he doesn't seem to care if our arms/legs brush. He'll try to make me laugh, which frankly isn't hard to do. Then after class, we talk about ourselves and politics a bit (it went on for something like 30-45 minutes last time. That's quite good considering that we were outside and it was already 8:00 PM). He also seems to invite me to talk to him (''You can talk to me on Skype if you want.'' ''Talk to you next week!'').

I know I can't look into it too much, but I think I can safely say he doesn't hate me and he actually likes talking to me. I'm thinking about inviting him to hang out outside of school. I already invited him to study before class, which worked, but I'd like to know him on a deeper level.

Well, what was the question again? Oh yes, how can I talk to him on Skype/invite him to do something without it being too awkward? Also, any kind of advice you wanna give is fine too.

2. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This sounds a bit like what I'm currently going through. What I do is that I kind of keep "highlights" of conversations we had when we saw each other and use them to start a conversation over text. Don't be scared of inviting him somewhere, you've gotta take a chance. For example, my crush told me that he hadn't seen the move "Deadpool" back in February and I made what I like to call a "sticky thought" (like a sticky note in my head lol). Then later that day, I nonchalantly reminded him about what he had told me and if he wanted to go, in a non-date kind of way, of course. My strategy is to not do it directly, I try to work it into a conversation. "Hey, didn't you mention earlier that you hadn't seen Deadpool? I've been wanting to see it for a while, we should totally go." Something along the lines of that.

3. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for your advice :slight_smile:

The only problem with the conversation highlights, is that I'm actually trying to change the subject xD We've been talking about school and politics a lot, and the later especially is a very dangerous topic to get to know someone (even if we tend to agree with each other). I want to know more about him personally. One highlight I could probably use is how he mentionned his Hebrew course, and how I should totally see what it's like. I'm a language student, so of course I'm gonna be interested in that.

As for the invitation, if I managed to ask for his contact info, I think I'll be able to ask him to hang out. The main problem is that I don't know where to invite him to :l

4. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For anyone following this, the crush is dead.

He met one of my deal breakers and he talked about a girl he apparently likes. He'll have to remain a friend. I'm not pursuing this any further.

5. WhiteWinter

Man... that sucks massively...

6. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, it does, especially since I rarely ever get crushes.

Well, what can you do, right?