1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've had a crush on him for over a year.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Robishere, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been over a year, and I still have feelings for one of my friends.

I've known this guy, he's 2 years younger than me. We met in March of 2015, he was a Freshman and I was a Junior in high school. When we first met, I thought he was really attractive. However, it wasn't until a few months later that I actually began developing feelings for him. It all began when we were hanging out in a group setting, around 12 people sitting around a large table. He was sitting across from me, but the table was huge so he came around to my side to say something to someone who was sitting two seats from me, in doing so, he put his hand on the back of the chair next to mine for support, where my hand was resting. His hand was on top of mine and he didn't move it. I thought it was weird so I began slowly pulling it from under his, but even then he wouldn't move his! Finally, he began walking back to his original seat and in doing so, he smirked at me. I guess this was the spark that ignited the flame inside my heart.

It's now been a year and 4 months since that happened and my feelings are getting more and more intense with every time we meet. So much so, that I'm beginning to get depressed. I feel like he has feelings for me two because he's done little things like the one I mentioned before in the course of this year and 4 months. For example, just THIS afternoon, we had lunch in a group at a Wendy's fastfood restaurant and he sat across from me in the booth. When he sat down, he put his foot right on top of mine and just left it there for the whole time we ate. He would softly push down every now and then as if he wanted me to reply in some way, I tried moving my toes and looking at him, but I guess it didn't work.

Sometimes I'm so sure that he has feelings for me, but he's kind of a stereotypical straight boy and he talks about girls... a lot. I'm just so confused. Not to mention that I'm a mess; I have pretty bad acne, which has completely drained of any self esteem I had so my heart says that I should take action, but my mind tells me that I'm too ugly, that nobody likes someone with pimples all over their face. I just want this to be over, I'm tired of spending my days and nights pondering whether he likes me or not.

So finally, does anybody have any advice on what I should do? Should I take action and tell him how I feel? Should I just turn the other way and try to get over this by myself? NOTE: HE DOESN'T KNOW THAT I'M GAY.

2. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If he doesn't know that you are gay, maybe coming out to him would be a good thing.

See how he reacts to that. Does his behavior change? Is he still being touchy with you? Does he act even more flirty instead?

Don't assume he will reject you before even attempting anything. There are people who can look beyond your appearance and like you for who you really are.

Hope that helps :wink:

3. rch1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Robishere,

I know the feeling... I was pretty much in love with my best friend for 4 years and it drove me insane. Also made me depressed... Over the summer I told him I was gay and then a month ago I told him I had feelings for him. Turns out hes straight, and he was cool about how I felt towards him, but he didn't feel the same way back...

I agree with the other responder that you should try and tell him your gay and see how he responds to that. It might clear up some things one way or another. I would also tell you that if the feelings are as strong as I had for my friend then you should have some conversation with him sooner rather than later. Those 4 years of constantly thinking about my friend and wondering if we'd ever be together and trying to figure out whether to tell him messed me up pretty good. Even though he doesn't feel the same way, I don't regret telling him. I do regret waiting so long to tell him... I think we're gonna stay friends too, so telling him didn't cost me the friendship. I don't know if any of this will help you but hang in there dude..

4. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sometimes the ones that talk about girls the most are doing so to just cover up their feeling and put on a front. You could tell him like Rainbow said. I prob would have just run my foot up his leg to see what his reaction was.....:slight_smile: