1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im incapable of relationships.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Saturn2, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Saturn2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just moreso need to vent because I'm kinda upset. I've been cheated on 4 times since the age of 15. I'm 20 now. I don't hold onto them hurts necessarily. But whenever I enter a new relationship, the past does haunt me and I do get trust issues. I get very attached to who I'm with and I just want to be with them, I'm not controlling, I'm not possessive. But it's just a fear of betrayal I have. I do currently have a girlfriend now. She is 18, said she doesn't have trust issues. Today she put 3 videos on her snapchat story with a guy on a train, she said she wasn't going to school today and she isn't answering my text messages from over 2 hours ago. I feel like I have such bad trust issues and no one will ever be able to give me the reassurance I need, they'll just think I'm too demanding or needy. Sometimes I think I need a therapist or something idk. I jut needed to vent :icon_sad:

2. Chickadee123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

I know how you're feeling, I was in a relationship with someone who cheated on me multiple times. It turned me into a jealous, paranoid mess. My advice to you is to try and give your current partner the benefit of the doubt. Don't read in to every little thing. It will end up pushing her away if you are constantly hounding her.
    I was single for a while after finally kicking my cheating ex to the kerb. I concentrated on enjoying life and spending time with friends and family. I reached a place where I am comfortable with myself and had heaps more confidence.
    Talking to a therapist could be a good idea. Please try not to waste your life worrying away. It achieves nothing and feeds into negative thoughts.
    time is a great healer, you're only 20. You have lots of time to figuire things out.
    I hope things work out for you, :slight_smile: