1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I make the first move?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hopelesskid, Nov 8, 2016.

1. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Idk what to do, I really like this girl and I want to ask her out(my friends tell me she likes me, but I just don't believe it). I probably don't believe it because no one ever liked me back. I'm so afraid that I'm going to mess up things before they start. She's all I ever think about, and it's driving me crazy! What should I do? How do I get over this fear of being vulnerable?

2. renard

renard Guest

I don't know the situations where you've interacted with this girl before, but I'm generally fond of inviting people to something they can either make into a date or just a normal meeting, depending on what they want.

For instance, you might casually ask to grab a coffee one afternoon, and if it seems to go well, extend it into a dinner invitation. And if she doesn't seem interested after talking for a while, then you can leave separately and it doesn't have to be awkward. This sort of date might be a good, lower-stakes option if you're feeling really vulnerable asking her out. (Also, if you make the first move, it puts the ball in her court!)

I hope this helps. Best of luck!