1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Introvert Self-Sabotages

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sen1234, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Sen1234

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am very introverted. Being in school all day then having practices and clubs used to drain every ounce of energy from me in high school. I never really wanted to have a relationship because it just seemed like so much work. I've noticed how selfish I am with my time. I get these feelings of not wanting to be alone, but I don't have the energy to go out and make more friendships or develop a relationship. I'm bringing this up because I've been talking to this girl for about 2 weeks and I can really see us forming a relationship. However, I'm so scared that I will self sabotage because I'm no willing or used to giving someone so much of my time.

2. Really

Just go at whatever slow pace you're comfortable with. You could recount some story to her about yourself that illustrates that you're the kind of person who prefers a slow and steady pace of the things you enjoy. Hopefully she'll pick up on your "point" and not have any problems with the way you operate.

Or, if she questions how slow you seem to be in the relationship, you could explain that you want to savour every moment. :astonished:

I don't think you need to call it self-sabotage. It's just a personality trait and anyone you end up with won't have a problem with it.