1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Ex Told Me She is Aromantic

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GaybrahamLinco, Nov 8, 2016.

1. GaybrahamLinco

Today my ex sent me and e-mail telling me that she doesn't feel anything towards me and she is aromantic. I still love her very much, but i don't know what to do! i feel so depressed now, and I just don't know what to think. I know everyone will tell me to get over her, but i just can't. I want her in my arms to warm me and I want to hold her and hug her and kiss her but her feelings have just flushed all of that down the toilet. I know I can't force her to love me, but I just want her back so much.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In many ways, despite the news from your ex, this is a very common situation. Breaking up is hard, and wanting that person back, or to be who you both were before, happens a lot.

But, holding yourself in place and focusing on the past - even the recent past - won't move things forward. Try new things, meet new people, and go new places. Start new routines. The more you move forward and focus your thoughts on new things, the better you'll feel.

3. LovelyLex

I 100% agree with Gravity. You're holding yourself in the past. I wish I could provide some inspiring example from my dating history but sadly, I'm also hopelessly attached to my ex-girlfriend. But accepting the fact that it's over is the first step. I still deeply love my ex but as I've come to accept that we have no future, the pain isn't as bad. It still hurts but I'm okay with it. I know that's not exactly inspiring but I hope it helps.