1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd Relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by questions4ever, Nov 9, 2016.

1. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So me and this girl have been somewhere between friends and crushes for almost a year now. She told me she's not interested in a relationship, and she knows that I've liked her off and on. She says she'd be happy to kiss/make out though. We both struggle with mental illnesses and aren't really at the place to have a girlfriend. I told her I want to kiss her, but not if she doesn't have some feelings for me. She told me she's confused and doesn't even know what she feels any more, but that I should just go for it and she'll let me know. I feel the pressure to initiate the kissing even though I've never kissed any one before and she's kissed multiple people. I'm hopefully seeing her in a few days. I can't wait! I'm so nervous though ... what should I do ... how do I handle this?:icon_sad:

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well...from what you've mentioned in your post. I am on your friend side on this one and I will tell you why. She told you upfront where she was coming from and she is not looking for anything to develop and because she says this then there is no reason for her to display feelings for you or towards you. Also...I think there is the possibility that you are developing feelings for her and the thing is if you have that opportunity to kiss her...then there's the chance that it could be mean for you than her especially by this being your first time kissing someone and you already liking them. Its just like when you have sex for the first time...and there's a strong possibility that you will develop feelings for that person because they were your first. Therefore, I just feel if you are given that opportunity to go for it and you are able to do it without displaying feelings towards her...then go for it. However, if this is going to be a situation where your feelings and heart is involved ...then don't because you are going to be hurt and brokenhearted especially since you are not getting the same reaction or response from your friend. Good luck with whatever you decide to do but you can't get mad at her...just realize your options and understand what those options entails for you because you never know what you are getting yourself into with someone who is confused and don't know what they really looking for or what they really want.