1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Election drama

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AlexGreen242, Nov 10, 2016.

1. AlexGreen242

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, so as we all sadly know Donald trump has been elected president, I'm not very happy about it but I'm dealing with it, but I either way my boyfriend has been struggling very hard with it because he's an immigrant, and he's currently allowed to work because of the act president Obama signed into law, because he was moved to the U.S when he was 3, he was too young to even remember Mexico, but anyways, so right now he's working, but he hasn't received documents stating he can work and he has to have them by next week, he's freaking out and I am too because he will get fired and not be rehireabkd at his job if this happens, but part of me doesn't feel bad, I love him and I want him to do great but part of me just wants to say "these are consequences when you aren't a US citizen" and he always tells me yeah you don't have to worry about working you're a citizen and I'm like yeah I am but it's so frustrating because I care about it but at the same time I don't feel sorry

2. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, he's been here that long, he should have no problem getting citizenship and, there is plan B - get married. Problem solved.

I'm not happy with Trump either, and it does scare me what may be coming, especially from Pence but, done is done and we all need to do whatever we can to protect our rights, gain more ground on rights and, still live within the laws of this country.

Pence is far more terrifying than Trump - at least Trump was a Democrat for most of his adult life. I think he's more tea party than he will admit but Pence is scary.