1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do!? - Crush problems

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gleek99, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So.. I'm kinda miserable.

I have a crush on an old friend. We sat at lunch together with other friends 2 years ago, and I have her number, but.. I was the introverted quiet one in the group. So we're not close or anything.

I'm a lesbian and she's bi. I didn't know I was gay until last year, but I remember the few times that we would stare at each other at lunch.. And I didn't think much about that until recently.

I have 1st period with her, and it's getting harder to focus..(especially because we sit across from each other and still stare at each other) it's even hard for me to stare at her for too long because it's just.. Its pretty intense.. In a nice way. I hardly speak to her

Late last year, we were both on this app called "after school" and I found out that she liked me. And that's around the time that I started having feelings for her. I would get nervous and happy when she passed me in the hallway.. And I still do.

I want to tell her that I like her.. Hoping that she might like me (even the slightest bit) Or that she can turn me down so that I can move on. But it's an odd situation. And, she's an extrovert and I don't know if we'd even be somewhat compatible.

GAHHH I just don't know what to do!

P. S. I talk to her (through messenger) over the summer after I found out she might have liked me, and I may have misinterpreted something she said, cuz I tried to flirt with her, and then she didn't respond so I just stopped talking to her.

But in 1st period she looks at me a lot, and she smiles.. And I just sit there like an idiot and smile back. I love it when she looks at me.
    Maybe it's all in my head.. I don't know!!

What I'm asking for is some advice (if this rant made any sense) and.. Whatever you have :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:[/COLOR][/COLOR]

2. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, she's already said that she liked you! Unless that has changed, then you may very well have a chance. It helps that you guys aren't super close, so it wouldn't make a close friendship awkward at all.

As for the summer conversation, it's possible that she just didn't pick up on the flirt. I'm like that, I can't tell if someone is flirting with me, unless it's blatantly obvious. So don't give up hope until you have a very obvious rejection lol. Other than that, it sounds like it's mostly up in the air! Be brave and go for it; the worst that could happen is that you're told no.

3. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for your reply EleanorHunter :slight_smile:

The next problem is, is that I don't know when/how to talk to her. She has a lot of other friends that she sits at lunch with, and one of them sits at our table in class with us. So my best option would be to just text her, (with a number that may need to work anymore) BUT, I don't know if I would just seem even more shy by doing so.. Because I don't say much as it is.. And I don't want her to think that I need to text everything I say to her.. Soooo

Yeah :/

Should I text her?

---------- Post added 13th Nov 2016 at 09:35 PM ----------

*may not work anymore*

4. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Love the signature quote. Perfect analogy!

It's an amazingly hard lesson to learn that one of the best ways to get something is to ask for it. "Can I send you texts?" for example. Or "Is your text number still the same?" About seeming shy... well you'll seem a lot shyer if you do nothing.

5. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just go up and talk to her. If you're not that close, then it shouldn't matter too much if she says no. If she's staring at you, though, then that's a huge sign that she likes you.

6. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Girl, go for it. You're going to regret it if you don't ask her out, I promise. She probably likes you, at least it sounds like it. Maybe see if you can catch her alone, like in the hallway? Or texting her is fine, no worries :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Either way, if you do ask her out, good luck! (!)

7. churras

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, I'm not from the US, so I'm not sure how the best approach would be in this case. Anyway...

Aren't you friends with her on any social media where you guys could interact with each other casually? I mean, maybe make a casual comment on something she has posted, as long as is doesn't feel intrusive, or find out common interests and from there build a conversation in person... To have mutual friends could also be helpful.

Maybe start a conversation about class/school related stuff? I remember when I was in high school I would talk mostly (when not only) with those who sat next to me. Shouldn't it be easier to speak to someone who sits near you? I think it might be easier to make anything you say sound more natural, casual and convenient - as if you were talking to this person mostly because they happened to sit there and not necessarily because you're interested in them. Better than to approach them in some random place and out of the blue, I think. These casual comments may evolve into a conversation, and later help you form a closer relationship with the girl you like...