1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got myself into a stupid situation with a friend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lambeau, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Lambeau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Here's a small backstory first:

A few weeks ago my cute, straight (?) friend, who I have a crush on, told me he's sent nudes to his girlfriend (long-distance, see each other for 3 weeks at a time about twice a year) on Snapchat with a little chick over his penis to be funny because it's a "cock". And tonight we were Snapchatting each other - both shirtless - and I made fun of his little chest hair. He said he had to shave it soon, and I asked if he had to shave "down there" too (something he's told me he does). He said no, he's good. Then the conversation went like this...

Me: Because you have to send your little chicken?
    Him: Truuuuu
    Me: Not gonna lie, that'd be really funny to see! Bc it's you! *crying laughing emoji* (I really wasn't trying to pressure him into sending the picture, honest)
    Him: I'm just always so scared it's going to go to someone else lol
    Me: Tbh I always used to send dumb stuff like that to my old friend and nothing happened lol
    Him: But I have a gf! lol
    Me: My friend and I used to send dumb stuff to each other like that when we had gfs... maybe we're bad people lol (Back when I thought I was straight)
    Him: yeah that's bad lol
    Me: well we were just friends and guys...
    Him: yeah that's not bad
    Me: see exactly. now I don't have to feel bad about myself lol
    Him: hell naw.. but I gotta go to bed.. I work at 8am tomorrow

Also, he has no idea I'm gay. I'm thinking he might have felt pressured to send it, which I didn't intend to do at all. I feel really comfortable with him, and on a friend level (nothing romantic), I'd be comfortable sending dumb pictures like that back and forth - as I've done with other friends in the past.

Am I overthinking it? Was he comfortable with the conversation? And if not, should I text him tomorrow to try and clear things up?

Thank you for any thoughts or advice!

2. Gay Deputy

I wouldn't worry about it. If anything, I'd act like nothing happened/was said. If you act like it's a big deal then it becomes a big deal. Wait and see if he brings it up. If he does, you can decided how to take it at that point.

3. warrior452

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Never been in a similar situation, but I would just let it blow over. If he was really uncomfortable, and it gets and continues to be awkward, then address it...