1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for first time dating/having a relationship with a guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by zebrastrip3090, Nov 14, 2016.

1. zebrastrip3090

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello! I am a 24 year old boy and I am not out of the closet yet. However I have this crush on a friend who is openly gay, however I do not know any dating/flirting techniques with other men. There are some times when I think he may not be interested in me but then he does certain things like text me all the time or send me jokes which make me wonder. On the other hand I will sometimes think this is all in my head and ignore him for some days lol. A friend told me to just take it easy and go out with him for some months and then tell him how I feel, however I don't know if this is the right thing to do? Should I move on?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

2. killswitch0029

If you think there's some underlying potential, I say at least give it a shot. Can't really say much for dating since I've only been with women in relationships, but I can give some flirting advice I guess (Warning: I have limited flirting history with guys)

Last guy I flirted with we were smoking a bowl. There was still talking going on back and forth, but I think what was successful about it was the bonding going on while we were smoking. I'm not sure how well you know this guy, but try to do something so that there's some form of interaction and bonding going on. Keep eye contact, smile, and if there's a physical gesture involved return it if you feel interested in him.

That's all I got, but I hope it helps :slight_smile: