1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High school classmate back from military.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by onlythebulls13, Nov 15, 2016.

1. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey everyone.

I recently started a new part time job while i to back to college so i dont have to do manual labor for the rest of my life. This new part time job is at an alcohol depot.

A few weeks back, one of the guys i went to high school with, came into the store. I dont think i ever hung out with him when were were in high school, but we were friendly with each other and knew each other from the classes we were in together and stuff. I played football (american football lol) and he was in water polo and swam for our school so we were in different groups.

So, as i was saying. He came into the store a few weeks back.... and let me tell you, he was looking reeeal good. Hehe. He had on some real short shorts, in a tight T shirt....anyway lol. I guess after high school, he went into the military and was stationed in san diego for a few years or something. We exchanged numbers and said we should hang out some time. I thought it was just us be cordial but i guess not lol.

Then he came in like a week after that and talked with me, wearing his workout gear...mmmmm. then again a third time last week and said he wanted to go out to the bars and texted me about going out that weekend... i said the work schedule was kinda crazy so im just going to take it easy.

Now he comes in again today...wearing his workout gear. Goes into the store looks around for like 2 min or so and comes up to me and the register, gives me the bro fist to pound and says how we should go out this Saturday.

My problem is that hes hott as hell, i assume straight because he brought up girls being there at the bar but why is he coming to my work just to visit, wearing skimpy clothing and not buying anything. Could it be him just looking for a friend since coming back home from the military? But we were never really friends. And is it just happen stance that he keeps visiting me before and after he works out? Ughh, i dont need any more straight crushes to blossom...

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey onlythebulls13,

So it sounds like he was in the Marine Corps. The way you describe him dressing for workouts is normal for the Marines, so it's probably just what he is used to.

But if he wants to hang out with you, why not? Just because he was a Marine doesn't mean he couldn't be gay or bi. If you get to know him better as a friend, you'll probably get a better idea of whether or not he might have any romantic interest in you.

Just a thought.:slight_smile:

3. onlythebulls13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Only reason im hesitant to hang out with him is because im not a drinker at all. Im a pretty big introvert and his idea of a good time is going to bars and clubs with alot of people. Id rather stay in watch tv, listen to music and/or talk and have some wine and maybe some cannabis. Even if hes straight and we just have a platonic relationship, his idea of a good time doesnt really line up with mine... unless i just dont know what he likes or dislikes, which is very possible but i like to think im a pretty well aware person and can read people decently.

---------- Post added 15th Nov 2016 at 11:02 PM ----------

Thanks for the reply though, i greatly appreciate it

4. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why can't you just say, "Hey, I'm not really interested the bar and club scene but I'd love to hang out, catch a movie or something?"

You are making an assumption that he only wants to hang out with you at a club. If he agrees then either he wants a friendship more than going to a club or he wants you.

You don't have anything to lose if he turns you down, he wasn't really a longtime friend yet anyway.

Take care. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: