1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to prove I love her

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hopelesskid, Nov 17, 2016.

1. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's this girl I really love. I told her how I felt, but she's doesn't want a relationship because she just got out of an abusive one. So she just want to be friends for right now. But she's barely there as a friend, I think it's because she's scared that I would hurt her like her ex did. I want to be there for her, but I don't want to push too hard. What should I do? And how do I separate myself from her ex?She likes me, she wants to hangout with me. But then she might stop texting back or cancel plans. It's like she's scared to get close to me. I don't want to push her too hard. But I'm also afraid because this is the closest I've gotten to a girl relationship wise. Is there anything else I can do? Please, help I'm so lost.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try not to assume things but ask her why she keeps cancelling, and give yourself a break if she doesn't warm up because this isn't your only chance at a relationship. A successful relationship takes effort from both people, not dominated by one.