1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking her out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by katecp, Nov 19, 2016.

1. katecp

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok so this girl who I like...
    I came out to her a couple weeks ago and the way I did it hinted at me liking her and it probably would've been easy to ask her out except her grandpa died and his funeral was last Thursday. The message got lost in translation and we thought it was her estranged father but we found out it was her grandpa who was already ill. She will be back at school the Monday after Thanksgiving (next thursday). This sounds a little selfish but when is like an appropriate time to start hinting around/ask her out?

2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She is going through a rough patch and maybe a day out could help her take her mind off of things ? When she comes back, I would reiterate how sorry I am for her loss and would ask if she felt like doing something to take her mind off of things and get a bit of entertainment ?

Maybe don't phrase it as if it's an official date but if you are to be her next girlfriend she needs to know she can count on you during tough times and this is the perfect way to show her you'll be there for her during those times and will try and cheer her up when possible. The situation is obviously not ideal but can definitely play in your favor in the long-term if you do it right. :slight_smile:

Good luck and definitely come back to update us! x

3. katecp

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry I forgot to mention a kinda big piece: she's not out she only just told me when I came out that she was queer. So I'm not her next gf more like her first anything.