1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touching, platonic or romantic?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by catlady4life, Nov 19, 2016.

1. catlady4life

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I am new to these forums and came here looking for a bit of advice.. So one of my good friends (who is also bisexual) touches me frequently, which according to the internet is a sign of attraction... We are both the kind of people to not like touching too much unless its someone we are comfortable around. But she touches me more than I think would be friendly? Like grabbing my arm for a long time or knee when talking to me. Or linking arms with me when we walk together. Or putting her head on my shoulder. How do I know its friendly? And if it is more than that, how do I respond? I am so afraid of rejection because I really value our friendship. But at the same time, I am really into her and dont want to miss my chance. When we hang out, I feel like there is a lot of chemistry, but later we will be talking/ texting and she will call me "friend" or "dude". I know friends that are girls tend to touch more, so maybe she is just friendly? Any advice will be appreciated.

2. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I too love starting a connection with somebody through touching. But.. eventually words have to come out. When she puts her head on your shoulder, you say "When you do that it makes me feel like kissing you." When she links arms, ask if you can hold her hand. Or maybe you could push things further via texting. "I was thinking of you."

I have to say I have myself been in the "I'm afraid of rejection because I really value our friendship" situation. Too many times. Rejection doesn't (usually) mean disaster. If she's worth being your friend she'll appreciate the compliment and just say no thanks.