1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it bad?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Is it bad that my boyfriend doesn't text first? I've always been the initiator when it comes to texting in friendships. But my boyfriend doesn't really ever say "hey" or "how are you" first. We've been dating for 2 months and have been official for two weeks. But is it something to consider? He does reply back and he does say sorry whenever he doesn't respond back and also he doesn't spend time on his phone when we are together. I would love a first text. Also we aren't facebook friends, mostly because he doesn't use it as far as I know. Is it a yellow or red flag?

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Andstillimhere7,

Could you be trying to read too much into the situation? Is he a busy guy? When you and he are together is he really thoughtful about the little things or is he more of 'typical' guy that doesn't often think of the little things, but just really likes to be with you?

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe he either doesn't like texting, is busy, or you might be overtexting him and he just replies to be polite.

In some cases it could be a red flag, but the fact you said he does not even use his phone much just seems like it might be a personality thing. I personally hate texting people back and forth and I only text if I have something important to say. I'll reply to be polite, but I have no interest in texting a partner first. If I want to speak to them, I'll call them.

4. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to say that's one of my pet peeves -- always having to be the initiator. But I do agree with above posters, there could be simple explanations for it. Best solution: bring it up in conversation. See what he says.

5. aeva

I wouldn't worry about it too much (I know, easier said than done). One of my friends is like this and it drives me crazy! I used to get really upset because I felt like he didn't value my friendship, but I've learned that it's just the way he is, and it's not an indication of how much he cares. If he pays attention in other, more concrete ways, when you're together, that's what really matters.