1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he gay for me or am I just being hopeful?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by realworldbound, Nov 23, 2016.

1. realworldbound

Out Status:
    Family only
    Long story short, I'm gay, but in the closet. I met this guy at school who I've definitely fallen for over the last couple of months mainly because for whatever reason I had this idea in my head that he sees me in the same way. I'll start with the negatives just to get them out of the way-he talks about hooking up with girls a lot, has used 'gay' and 'f***ot' as negative words for people, and he also talked about this one guy in his fraternity that is gay poorly, asking why he would join a frat. However, those things aside, he has referred to guys as "hot as hell" and attractive before, apparently talked about me to his friend for a really long time at lunch, and just kinda gives me different vibes than a lot of other guys do when he's around me. Do you guys think my mind knows something about him and that's why these feelings are here? I'm very embarrassed to have them and really hope I don't end up doing something that would hurt myself.

2. Dirtysoap

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He honestly just sounds like a douchebag to me. I mean there is the possibility of him being closeted so you might be on to something. However, if he is then he's probably waaaayyy deep in there to the point where you'd just be wasting your time. I think that there are plenty of other guys you could be pursuing and that they'd be a lot more accepting of their sexuality. Granted, there could be something that I'm misunderstanding.

3. CharacterStudy

Agree with Dirtysoap - either a homophobic idiot, or maybe, possibly (am not seeing much evidence for it) extremely deep in the closet gay guy. In which case, there's maybe potential but it sounds like you'd be letting yourself in for a whole lot of heartache.

You're at uni, there'll be plenty of gay and bi men around who have more potential. Maybe spend some time away from this guy, give the crush time to die.