1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she attracted to me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ConnectedToWall, Nov 24, 2016.

1. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know if this person is flirting with me intentionally, or if she's like subconsciously attracted to me, but I'm trying to think of ways to figure out what the case is. It could be she's not attracted to me at all, I mean, it's hard for me to tell.
    What do you guys do to sort of "test" if someone likes you or not?

2. oboe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do you know her sexuality? If you know, that eliminates one factor.

A simple test is just to ask her to hang out and go on a "date" regardless if you know her sexuality or not. I think it's important to establish a friendship first instead of heading straight into a relationship.

3. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know her sexuality. If I had to guess I would say bisexual, but that's only a guess, which may be slightly biased given the circumstances, haha. Yeah, I agree that it is better to make a friendship first. Sometimes with girls though, it's hard to tell if they are "friend flirting" or, like actual flirting.

4. yellow2002

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Women are very complicated creatures I'm learning

5. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, no kidding. It's like the longer you know someone for the more confusing it gets.

6. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is her behavior toward you that makes you think she's flirting? I've done my own questioning of a similar situation and I did some research online. Basically the things I found were, at least for guys:

1. Lots of eye contact. Or, averting eye contact in shyness.
    2. Self-consciousness around you, awkwardness, nervousness.
    3. Dressing up or trying to look better around you.
    4. Lowering their voice or speaking in a slightly different, softer tone when it's just the two of you.
    5. Touch, such as a hand on the shoulder.

Those are just the ones that come to mind. Of course these aren't definite, but you can get a sense of it.

Patrick
    Seattle, WA

7. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in the same situation too. I can tell that sometimes I mistake someone's friendless as interest. I have done this with both men and women. I would say be her friend and get to know her.

8. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With women, It's almost impossible to tell sometimes. A lot of straight girls like to friendly flirt and then go "oops, sorry, I'm not interested" when someone takes it seriously. I think It's probably better to talk to her about it before you assume and get hurt.

9. ForeignBeauty

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    "Smiling and eye contact do appear to be universal methods used by men and women to convey romantic interest." - The Mating Game

Take things slow, and just get to know her.

Good luck!

10. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Omg, I do #1 around her so much. I like, avoid her eyes instinctively to try to hide my feelings, then I try to look at her more to try and hide the fact that I wasn't looking at her, to balance it out, but I'm like accidentally just making it more obvious that I like her. I bet she knows.
    If she has feelings for me they're probably very well hidden, and she is a person with a lot of self-control, so maybe it's possible she's hiding them, but IDK. How would a calm, logical person show attraction?

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2016 at 12:47 AM ----------

Yeah the more I think about it the less certain I am that she was flirting. When she was talking to me she was tilting her head and running her hands through her hair, and it looked like flirting, but who knows, she may have just been distracted and thinking about something else, and me, because I like her, may have accidentally interpreted it as flirting. I can't say that I've noticed her flirting since then, except that she smiles a lot when speaking to me but halfway looks like she's trying not too. It's like there's this smile emerging from underneath her other expression. I could just totally be reading too much into it though.