1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told her how I felt...... now what?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Renegades, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So basically I am/was friends with this girl who I've liked since before we even spoke. We became much closer in the past few months through mutual friends and the school play, and I finally worked up the courage to give her a note admitting my feelings and asking her out. She seemingly avoided me throughout the week after giving her the note, but we have texted, and she said she didn't want to make me upset because of her decline. She never said whether or not she liked me more than a friend, just that she thinks her life is too complicated to date. I told her I am fine just being friends if that is okay with her, and never got a response. I'm not sure what to think or do next time I see her. Help?

2. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I went thru this with my best friend when I was 16. All you can do is give them time to process things, and if they're truly your friend, then you should be able to move past it. Just let her know that you don't want things to be weird between you two, and if nothing else you'd at least like to salvage a friendship.
    With my friend, he avoided me for like a week or so, then came around and said we were still friends. Good luck.

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When you don't hear anything for a while, it's so easy to spin up drama in your head. But most often they just don't know what to say. It sounds, first, as if she doesn't want to hurt you, so she likes you (just doesn't LIKE you). So like angeluscrzy said, give it time and tell her you don't want it to be weird.

And in the future... do what you just did. My regrets are mostly over not showing my feelings (didn't want it to be weird!) and then wondering what-if forever.

I hope you have an A-major day and not an F#-minor one!