1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm no too sure how to handle this.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by William, Nov 25, 2016.

1. William

Hey.

So there's this guy and we "hate" each other. It's almost like at every turn we're competing for the top gay at school and it can get really intense. I liked him briefly when he had a boyfriend and that's when we actually started talking then and a little over the summer. Things were said/sent and we agreed to figure out where we're at during the school year. I've tried to hook up with him 4 times and he didn't necessarily want to and we went back to hating each other. But mind you, and this is an important note, that we agreed that over breaks if we got an "urge" we would snapchat each other and see what happens.

So a few days ago, I hit him up on Snapchat and one thing led to another and then we said goodbye and we haven't spoken since then. I've sent two snapchats that were left on read, but they really weren't of substance. Now I'm a huge fan of just a "friends (or in this case, enemies) with benefits" and I'm totally down, but how do I communicate that, that is what I want? While we were talking, he was saying he missed having sex so on and so forth and when I said "I can do that for you" he just responded "I wouldn't mind" and we kept doing what we were doing.

Then I asked "Why do you keep rejecting me then" and he said, "Freshman year, I wasn't out, Sophomore year I had a boyfriend and this year I was getting over my boyfriend." So I replied, "Was? Then I should be good" and he said, "I don't want commitment because I'm not good at it." I didn't respond to that, I just responded with a picture and I feel as though that was my moment to make clear I don't want commitment either.

How do I clearly communicate that commitment isn't my thing either and when we go back to school, I want to start our "FWB" up?

Thanks in advance,
    William

2. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people do not take hints or, read between the lines at all. Best to be straight forward. "Hey, let's hook up, no strings, no commitment and, I still hate you but, fun is fun so, let's do this." sort of thing. That should work.