1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do i deserve an explanation from her

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ambersky, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Ambersky

Friends,

So there is this straight girl, a really close friend of mine, with who i happen to share my flat with. We were kind of in a relationship for past more than an year. It all started with a night when both of us were drunk and we were friends for only 1 month by then, as she had just moved in to my flat. She thought i'm pretty and a nice person and felt attracted to me. After that night, we kept making out for fun and in no time we both came really close. But, she always maintained that she is into boys, and whatever we have is separate/different. I did not care too much about her being into boys as i was very happy being with her and was insanely attracted to her and did not want to think about the consequences, but it did hurt every time we use to go out and she used to flirt with boys and even made out with 1 or 2. I used to get upset, but could never openly tell her that i cannot handle all this, as according to me it wasn't her fault. She had serious relationships with boys in the past and she was desperately looking for a boyfriend (but end up meeting me instead i guess).
    This year in June, she met a guy and instantly fell for him and started dating him. It obv broke my heart into million pieces, but had no choice but to accept it after 2 weeks of drama, crying and fighting. She broke up with him after 2-3 months as he turned out to be an asshole. I never stopped loving her, still madly in love with her. But she after her break up, kinda stopped loving me or touching me, i mean we are still very close and share everything and she hugs me etc. But making out and kissing all that got over. i dont know, i also never tried to touch her or anything after that as i dont want to make her uncomfortable. It feels she is over me and doesnt feel attracted to me anymore. It obv hurts when i think about all the good times we had. She seems to be a little depressed after her break up with that guy, i mean she is fine, doesnt cry or anything as it was a very short relationship with him.

Should i talk to her about us? Doesn't she owe me some kind of explanation? It feels like, she always had an upper hand in our relationship or whatever it was. She is the one who always used to initiate things, i never had the confidence to initiate or even kiss her. I dont know may be she is simply bored of me. I just feel that we were in kind of a relationship, we are still very close friends no doubt, but she should have said something before or after ending that 'physical' part of our relationship.

2. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ya, she does owe you some words. That is, she should say something, but she's not a perfect person, and she probably just doesn't know what to say. So you're not crazy, or even wrong for thinking the way you do. But being right doesn't help always. ;-b Now, even if you brought up the topic, do you think it could lead back to your kissing and hugging? Maybe that is just over now. That's hard to face of course, because what do we all need more than that?

All that said, I still think the best thing for relationships is to say what's on your mind. People aren't mind-readers. And usually they already suspect, that is they won't be shocked, it makes them feel better to just hear it out loud.

3. Ambersky

Thanks!
    I know it's not gona start all over again, it's over from her side and I don't expect anything of that sort (I wish though... :/ )
    I tried so much to go away from her and move to some different place, but she din let me do it. It's tough.. but I have to learn to live with it.