1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating as an adult HELP

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by catlady4life, Nov 28, 2016.

1. catlady4life

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello. I am in my mid 20s and have not dated since high school. I was married to a male and now divorced for over a year. I have this good friend who is female and gay that i have some pretty strong feelings for. Idk if she feels the same but I want to tell her how I feel. How does one do that? Text? In person? Im also really shy and get visibly nervous. I have never done this before and never been with a female. Please HELP! How do you make it known that youre interested in more than friendship??

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could start by asking her out on a date. :slight_smile: If you spend a lot of time together, in person is good. If not, text or a phone call is fine. Putting yourself out there is scary but it can also be amazing. Good luck!

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I think asking her out on a date is simple, and you don't need to have big plans.

4. renard

renard Guest

I agree with Aspen and resu, and I'd also ask you if she knows about your sexuality. If not, coming out to her might be a good first step in indicating that you're possibly interested.

Also, you could try asking her on a coffee date, or something like that. If it turns out she's not interested, then you can both leave, and it'll be normal. If she is, you could always turn it into a dinner date afterwards :slight_smile:

Hope this helps! Good luck! (*hug*)

5. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When you ask, use the word "date". As in Would you like to make a coffee date? Would you like to go on a dinner date? Or even just Would you like to go on a date? The word sets the mood.