1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Childhood Emotional Neglect?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nightdream, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been noticing myself having a few problems with my family, but I couldn't exactly tell what it was, then I figured out Childhood Emotional Neglect exists. I know that I've been a victim of bullying at school and physical/verbal abuse from old friends/babysitters, but I couldn't really understand why I was so often resentful towards my father. I knew that I couldn't feel emotionally complete through my whole life and I was just kinda trying to live as if it was a normal thing because my dad said so until I found out that some children can be neglected in their emotional needs too.

I'm not here to look for advice, exactly. I just wanted to know if there are people out there that do not feel like some thing is missing to them, emotionally? It's just hard to believe that this is a real thing as I grew up seeing it as normal. Are there people that have their feelings validated while growing up? Isn't this stuff made up? If it isn't, do you know any way to heal from that?