1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"You've changed" *rant*

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Meatballs, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Meatballs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ugh! The [I][/I]other day I went to collect my work from the printer and my ex was there. She took my printing and shoved it into me as she stormed off. (She has a history of oh-so casually banging into me as I walk past) "Thanks," I said, in a polite, non-sarcastic way. Now she's messaged me saying "please never talk to me like that again." Okay?? I apologised and said I was just trying to be polite.

Then she randomly said "I was speaking to *old mutual friends I havent spoken to in months* and we all agree that your personality has completely changed." Like ?? More like I stopped begging for your forgiveness every time you got mad at me for answering a text late? THEN she randomly started talking about her goddamn cat -after she told me not to talk to her! Bah!

My heart beats faster and I start to shake every time I see her. She makes me so uncomfortable and angry! Everyone thinks I ruined her life by breaking up with her, but staying with her was ruining my life! I'm sorry for posting this year, I have no friends and am just so fed up with everyone being all "you've changed" blah blah blah.

---------- Post added 1st Dec 2016 at 09:57 PM ----------

*here, not year

2. Linkmaste

Well, if they're saying all that and not supporting you then they're crap friends. I'm not sure the full story in your break up but if you were miserable then you were right to leave.

I dunno I get pretty quick to bite back once girls do that to me so I'm probably not the best advice but I would say "look. You said don't talk to me and now you're engaging in a conversation about a cat I couldn't care less about. Either stick to your story or zip it".

Like I said, I'm not polite when girls are like that. Way too many years of being a woman's bitch and kinda just had enough.

Do you have one friend who supports you?

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to think the only appropriate reaction to the whole "you've changed" thing is: "I know. It's great isn't it!"

4. Box

Box

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Based on what you wrote your ex seems like a toxic and manipulative person. Which probably is why you broke up with her in the first place?
    The only way I know how to deal with people like that is to cut them out of your life completely. I would ignore all contact, even if it upsets me, I wouldn't let it show.
    In my experience people will eventually see through the manipulation, and so should your friends if they have any common sense.

5. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This.

Block her number and then delete it from your contacts. If she talks to you in person, don't respond or respond with the most generic response possible.

Her: Your personality has changed.
    You: Okay.

Her: You didn't answer my text.
    You: No

Her: I have this cat.
    You: -walk away-

Do not apologize. Do not give her anything. That's what she wants. Are you running into her at work or school? If it's at work, can you asked to be moved somewhere else?

6. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    She claims this is what other people are saying. It may well not be true. She doesn't sound very trustworthy.

7. Meatballs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's annoying because we were friends beforehand, and she was AMAZING as a friend. But when we started dating, she just turned into this jealous monster. My friends couldn't see that, because she was still this amazing person towards them.

Thanks for your replies, everyone! @linkmaste994, haha, not even one friend. But that's alright. I'll be going to uni in 2018, so I'm sure I'll make friends there. Honestly, I was so tempted to reply something like that, but I think it's better in the long run if I just cut off all contact.

@Aspen Thanks for that. I think that's just what she wants, to yell at me for breaking up with her and cry and make me see how much I hurt her. Which makes sense, I suppose.

I'm running into her at school, but it's not often.

@OGS It's great that I've changed! I'm so glad I'm not the person I was before; that person was weak as p*ss and cried every night but never had the courage to actually change her situation.