1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just not that into you

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by flyingsublime8, Dec 5, 2016.

1. flyingsublime8

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've been with this girl for a month and I've only known her for a month and a half. She is sweet and driven a little bit artsy and I generally like her. She can be really clingy at times and sometimes she makes me feel like I am the most admirable thing in the whole world. I feel a little bit awkward sometimes though because while I care about her and want her in my life I feel guilty that I don't reciprocate those feelings as intensely as she does. I know that she is a bit younger than me so it might be an adolescent (she's 19) thing, intense feelings and all. She wants to do things like call me everyday and text me about almost every detail in her life. I personally don't feel the need to do that, nor do I feel the need to talk to her as much as she does to me. So I am unsure as to whether or not I should end it because of this or just let everything continue and enjoy my life with her in it. Sometimes I feel a little bit overwhelmed with her feelings and my responsibility for her that I find myself wishing I were single again. I never really desired a general romantic relationship in the first place. So am I wrong to further this relationship? I feel like if I let go of her my life will feel really lonely again and I don't want that to happen.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, in my opinion, there are two things you should/could do:

1-Talk to her about this. Tell her that you like her, but that you need more time for yourself and you do want to enjoy her company and talk to her, but that you prefer conversations with more quality, rather than a large quantity of conversations.

Obviously, you should only tell her something like this if it is true. Do not lie.

2-If you are in the relationship only because you fear to become lonely again, then that's a huge red flag. Of course, there is nothing wrong in wanting company, and i understand the lonely feeling. However, a relationship is much more than that, and it isn't going to work well in the long term if the only thing binding you two together is the comfort feeling that being in the relationship is easier than to search for someone else.

In resume: Consider if you like her enough to talk to her about this and try to solve the problem. But think about the reasons you want this relationship to continue too. Peraphs, it is best to end it now than to wait too much.