1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get to know him more?? Please help!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by noisywhisper, Dec 5, 2016.

1. noisywhisper

Hey everyone! New guy here who made this bc he has no one else to talk to (no one knows about my sexuality, although they have their suspicions :icon_wink) so sorry if this gets rambly!!

Ok, background first. So recently I started to develop a crush on this guy in my French class! He is the year below me (its a mixed level class) and people say he is like his year's version of me. He is also really cute if I may say so myself :icon_bigg Over the course of the year I had taken notice of him, but never thought much of it, bc I had a thing with a girl at the time. She is gone now (don't fall for exchange students guys) which meant I started noticing this guy more. But what really got me interested was when my friend told me that she was talking to him about me because she thought we would get along great with each other! She doesn't know I am interested in guys, or that I even knew this guy, so she was meaning just for us to become friends, although I feel as if she was deep down meaning something more, given the fact she used the words 'set you guys up' accompanied with a knowing smile, which does not normally have a 'just friends' connotation. :icon_wink

So, naturally, I really want to have the chance to get to know him more and see where this could go, especially considering even my friend thought we would be great for each other without me even telling her about him! The problem is, I don't know how. At the moment I wouldnt even call us friends. We have had a couple of conversations alone, but I always rush away too soon and kick myself later thinking of all the things I could've said :bang: School is over for the year meaning I wont see him for two months. I'm not doing french next year either, and since that was our only class together and he is the year below me, it means that next year i will have virtually no opportunities to talk to him. I also don't know for sure that he is interested in the same sex, although I'm pretty confident that he is. He has never had a girlfriend, he only hangs out with girls (i know these are stereotypes but still) and he just gives me this feeling that he is not just straight, and i've never been wrong with guessing a guy's sexuality before. Some signs he possibly likes me: I have caught him staring at me many times, he sometimes leans onto my desk while working, so close I can smell him, he laughs at my jokes even when I am not talking directly to him, and I have caught him stalking my instagram before :lol: Then again he never wished me happy birthday which I was kinda annoyed about not gonna lie, bc I thought he might've (a small thing I know, but still!)

What should I do?? I really dont want to message him on facebook, as to me that would be really creepy if someone slid into my dms :lol: Should I tell the friend who tried to 'set us up' to get her advise? She's friends with him (but closer with me though) so it could be a good start, but this would mean I would also have to come out to her which i don't know i'm ready for. Or should I just wait to see what happens next year? If I just wait to see what happens, I don't think anything will happen given the fact that we left the year as basically acquaintances. How do we become more than this?? :help:
    Sorry this is very long!! :eusa_doh:

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry for the short reply to a fairly detailed post! :icon_wink Welcome to EC!

You might want to check out this thread, there are some tips there about getting to know people, as well as some advice about admiring people from afar. It's pretty helpful!

3. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just tell your female friend that you think he seems like a nice guy and you'd like to know him. No need to come out to her. If she suggested it once, I don't see why you couldn't bring it up again.