1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice about my family?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Milkycrisp, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Milkycrisp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im transgender(ftm) and I recently came out to my mom a week ago. I did it through a text message which isn't the best way to do it but I was really scared about what she would say. The thing is she didn't say anything, she didn't respond to it she didn't say anything to me in real life about and she still has yet to even acknowledge that I came out to her. I even asked her why she didn't respond and she acted like she didn't know what I was talking about. Any ideas why she's doing this? Is she coming to terms with it or is she just like "okay" because I didn't go into details about wanting to transition.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I'm sorry that must be difficult to deal with. I think it is probably just the way your mum is trying to deal with it. Are you sure she got the message?
    I think what would be good is if you could get some information for your mum to read. I think there is some good stuff on the PFLAGG website. Give it to her so she can read it in her own time.
    Are you out to anyone else?