1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by non, Dec 9, 2016.

1. non

non

Okay, so I've been going out with my girlfriend for a few weeks. I'm so happy, and really like her, but she's my first girlfriend, and first proper relationship so I'm pretty unsure and anxious about a lot of things. I have bad social anxiety so it's a miracle for me to date anyone. She's so wonderful and understands and isn't rushing anything. But I want to be able to show affection. I feel it, I'm just so anxious about showing it. Even just going in for a kiss first, or taking her hand and holding it. Little things like that are so hard, and she's usually the one to make the first move. As well as this, a while ago she was upset (about something unrelated to the relationship, just a bit down), and I wasn't sure what to do- like do I hug her? What do I say? I have awful social skills and a tonne of anxiety. I know that's okay, but I don't want her to feel like I'm not making an effort or that the relationship is one sided. Apart from this, the relationship is great- I just want to be able to show her that I care about her a lot. If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it :slight_smile:

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww congratulations.

I think you should try and not worry which is know is kind of a stupid thing to say because if you could stop yourself worrying you would. Your gut instinct is probably right if you feel like you should hug her then it's probably the right thing. This will all get a lot easier with time so don't be too hard on yourself.
    If you struggle with saying things then maybe you can write her a note. Just enjoy yourself I'm sure you are doing a great job.