1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My boyfreind

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ryan79756, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Ryan79756

Ryan79756 Guest

So I've been dating a guy I really like for a little while now and I'm really happy. (I'm 13 btw) He was my best friend for a while and when I went to highschool earlier this year he told me that he was gay and that he liked me. I of course said the same thing back and well I guess that was a very slim chance of happening but hey I'm not complaining! Anyway my boyfriend and I decided we'd go to our school dance together. And I'm not too worried about that it's just he's obsessing over every little thing! Like he's put me through the torture of making me try a whole bunch of different of my clothes to see which one he likes the most and he still hasn't decided what I'm going to wear. He also tryed deciding what my hairstyle should be so he tryed styling my hair like 20 different ways and he still haven't found one he liked on me . Now I really like him and whatever he decided I'm gonna look like I'll be happy with but how do I get him to stop obsessing SOO much ? Is it just a natural thing that I should be happy about? Anyway I'll be grateful for any advice you can give me . (Btw he already decided what he would wear and I gotta say I like it) BYE!

2. dounuts7975

dounuts7975 Guest

Well I mean if he's that obsessive then he obviously likes you a lot. And that could just be the type of person he is . He might care a lot about what u look like. To be honest if I was in your position right now I'd be pretty happy but we're talking about you not me. If it really makes you uncorfortable maybe just ask him about it and see what he says. I hope u have fun at the dance !

3. Ryan79756

Ryan79756 Guest

Ok I just wanted to know if it was a normal thing. Like do any other people with boyfriends experience it? And while I called it torture he did compliment me constantly and well he finally chose a hairstyle and clothes for tomorrow. He decided to spike my hair up in the front but not too much (his words not mine). He also decided I'd wear a white polo with a black bow tie and black khakis . I have no idea what have that was but that's what he told me 2 wear to wear and he said he'd do my hair before we left. He wrote the clothes down on a paper and left them out for me . He really thinks I'm gonna forget. But wow I got waaaaaaaay off topic . Thanks you for the advice though :slight_smile: . I'm planning on kissing him for the first time at the dance .

---------- Post added 9th Dec 2016 at 05:19 PM ----------

Oh and nice 7975 ! Finally someone else who gets the reference I thought I was the only one!

4. dounuts7975

dounuts7975 Guest

Yaaaaaay someone else knows the reference ! The first rule of the reference don't talk about where the reference is from! I thought u just put 79756 randomly but now I know there's another 7975 here !

5. Ryan79756

Ryan79756 Guest

Yay reference ok let's shhhhhh no one shall know!

6. dounuts7975

dounuts7975 Guest

Soooo what's your boyfreind like ?

7. Ryan79756

Ryan79756 Guest

He's amazing :slight_smile: ! He is a little taller than me and really nerdy and sweat. He really likes picking out my clothes for the day and usally does my hair. He wears polo's on a daily basis and makes sure I know how much he likes me. One kid once called me a fag and well my bf played lots of soccer and football so he tackled the kid and punched him. He got suspended for a day but the principal didn't want to suspend him but had too. Every once in a while he forces me to do his hair . I couldn't of asked for a nicer and more perfect boyfreind and that's why I plan on kissing him tomorrow . He also likes staying over my house and sleeps next too me a lot . We cuddle sometimes. In the morning he goes to the top of my bunk bed that my mom got SOO I could have freinds over. (She doesn't know we're dating)

8. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Ryan79756,

Couples always have rituals that they follow. It sounds like your bf is really in to picking out your clothes and doing your hair. Nothing abnormal about that kind of ritual.

If you are concerned that is obsessing waaayyy too much about this with respect to preparing for the dance, just talk to him about it, Maybe give him a limit. Tell him that you'll try on (random number here, like, say 5) different outfits that he picks out and will let him restyle your hair (another random number here) times. But there is a limit to what you are comfortable with.

Constant, open, two-way communication is one of the most important keys to maintaining a strong relationship. Telling him that you aren't comfortable with how MUCH he's obsessing over this isn't the same thing as telling him that you hate it when he does that. And it would be better to talk to him about it before he assumes your consent because of your silent acceptance. If you don't talk to him about it (honestly and non-confrontationally), then you are likely to grow internally resentful about little things like this until they build up and the two of you have a full-blown fight.

Just some thoughts.

Best of luck! Have a wonderful time at the dance!:slight_smile:

9. mattni

If he's obsessing, I would just politley say to him I appreciate it he's trying to help me, but I just don't want him obsessing over me like that. He'd understand if he's your bf. Have fun at that dance! (i wouldn't have the guts to dance with another boy at a dance, lol)

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you feel uncomfortable, then you should do something about it. You may be in a relationship, but you should have ultimate control over what you put on your body and your appearance. Limiting the number of dress/style choiices is a good way of reducing analysis paralysis.

11. Ryan79756

Ryan79756 Guest

I didn't say that I disliked the way he obsessed I'm just curious if it's well I guess "normal" per say. I did ask him about it and he said (his text exactly) " ry ry u look soooooo much cuter when I do your hair" . If it ever gets to the point where it bugs me though I'll make sure to take ur advice . And btw Mattni it's a lot easier for me because he's there 2 back me up and I couldn't give a fuck about what other people think . Im there with the guy I like having a great time that's more than like 3/4 of those people who make fun of me can say . :slight_smile: . (That's the line I use to get people 2 shut the fuck up when they start making fun of me)

12. dounuts7975

dounuts7975 Guest

Don't worry about what others think is normal it only matters if u like or are ok with it which it seems u are so yes ur a completely normal couple!

13. mattni

You're pretty brave. I salute that. (!)

---------- Post added 10th Dec 2016 at 08:36 AM ----------

(Just to add to that) See, I wouldn't be able to do that because most of my grade seems to be homophobic and I would have a lot of dirt on me. Hopefully that's not the case in the future, though.

14. Ryan79756

Ryan79756 Guest

Dude the way I look at it is if people have a sad enough life 2 the point that they just Mae fun of gay people when their hang out with their Freind that's not someone's oppion I should care about. And my school seems to be a lot more accepting or at least tolerant of us people who enjoy the color of da rainbow. If I let people ruin my time with my boyfreind my life wouldn't be any where near as amazing as it is now. (I'm typing this with him sleeping right next to me and I gotta say he a loud snorer like Jesus Christ ! (That wasn't the topic of the post but it had 2 be said)

---------- Post added 10th Dec 2016 at 11:13 AM ----------

I meant 2 say made

15. mattni

You got a good point there. Still, though, I got some major-ass anxiety on my hands, so I probably couldn't dance with a boy regardless of acceptance or not xD. Also, aww, that's cute how you sleep next to eachother like that. I love hearing about stuff like that, lmao

16. Ryan79756

Ryan79756 Guest

Oh Im pretty shy too but he makes me confident . He takes away the shyness when I'm with him. It's a feeling I can't describe

17. Nobo

intense jealousy he seems like a pretty great boyfriend and I hope you have fun at your dance

18. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You guys are so cute! Wish I had someone to live that with as well :slight_smile:

19. mattni

^^^ I second that. You guys are so cute!

20. Ryan79756

Ryan79756 Guest

Yea the dance is in about 20 mins we're on our way from my boyfriends house since his parents know about us. It turns out I wasn't the only one planning on our first kiss tonight tho so he tried before we left. I told him I had planned 2 do the same thing but at the dance and he agreed lol. I can't wait 4 the dance it's gonna be sooo much fun. Especially since I got a few of my other freinds 2 go . It's mainly just gonna be us 2 tho

---------- Post added 10th Dec 2016 at 10:35 PM ----------

His parents have told us we're a cute couple and so have some of our freinds