1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I get crushes too easily

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nobo, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Nobo

If I see a cute guy like in my school I just instantly get a crush and then find out he's streight and has a girlfriend and hate myself for a while and then mabye I'm shopping with my parents and there's the hot 16 year old guy working at the checkout counter and I'm standing there trying not to blush but inside I'm just screaming and wondering if he likes be because he just looked at me I just get crushes way too fast :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's natural to appreciate beauty, including beautiful people, and that can easily turn into a crush when you don't know if they like you back. So, the main challenge is learning who are potential partners (in your case gay/bi guys) and then who are interested in you. Unfortunately, straight guys are the majority, so looks alone rarely are enough (sometimes there may be a sign based on their fashion/styling). Instead, your best bets are to find gay friends or groups/areas where you can reduce the guesswork. Talking reveals a lot, especially when the guy knows your orientation.

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is nothing wrong with admiring a nice looking individual however...when you take it to another level...this is where the problems comes apparent. I met a guy last year whom had a crush instantly from just one little conversation. In fact, he went around telling people behind my back how he is so in love with me and I am the one that he has been waiting for. Although, I was never rude to this guy to say the least...he became very angry and hurt with the fact that I was not moving or responding the way he wanted me to do which was way too fast for me. In all honesty...this scared the hell out of me because I am the type who likes to get to know someone before even considering the thought of them being a potential person for something more. From what I heard about him in recent months is that he had developed fast crushes on several guys since his meeting with me and none of them worked out the way he would had liked them to because he was crushing too fast and wanted things to move in a hurry. Unfortunately, after his last encounter with a guy that did not respond the way he wanted...he tried to kill himself and through everything...he had at that time still did not see where he was doing anything wrong to say the least. With that being said and this is just my opinion ...I think you need to pull back on crushing too fast and get to know the person somewhat before taking things to that level. To me..this will avoid you from feeling hurt when you do not receive the reaction you hope for. Again...just my opinion.

4. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people just get infatuated easily. It is part of their personality. The hardest part for you may well be committing to a partner, if you are so easily influenced. It must be hard for you emotionally though.

As mentioned before, there is nothing wrong with being attracted to a person. I find many people aesthetically pleasing, but it does not mean I want a relationship with them.

Just some thoughts.

5. Nobo

I might just be desperate now because I'm reading stories on here f people having relationships 3 years younger than me and felling like I'm super unlucky too

6. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't feel down. Look at me. I'm over ten years older than you and have never been in a real relationship. Or any relationship actually. Doesn't mean I never liked somebody.

It just comes down to timing. You are still young, and you are bound to meet the right person at the right time. I remember feeling the same way, I still do sometimes. It is just part of our nature to want to connect to with someone.

It can feel lonely and miserable, but don't give up. You have your whole life ahead of you.

I wish you the best. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 11th Dec 2016 at 12:49 PM ----------

I love your avatar by the way. Did you make it?