1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loneliness

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Behaviorist, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Behaviorist

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dear Readers,

Does anyone else feel incredibly alone, even after coming to terms with and accepting their sexuality? Suddenly it becomes so difficult to meet people and I begin to feel like a fish out of water. I begin to question myself again, and isolate even further. I feel like an idiot when I do take the plunge. I feel like I don't belong, like I'll never be in love again.

2. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there,

I don't think it is necessarily the sexuality part that makes us feel loneliness. A lot of the time it is just wanting to be with somebody, to be understood by somebody. This doesn't mean the relationship has to be sexual.

I do understand that feeling different is not a comfortable thing (social anxiety, here!) But don't discount yourself or try to invalidate your feelings. You've already accepted that part of yourself. You just haven't found your niche yet. Like attracts like, and you are bound to meet some people you can relate to. Just be patient. It is all about patience.

Best wishes,

Sebby45

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know the feeling. I got pretty depressed and anxious after I finally accepted myself. It was like "ok I've spent all this time fighting myself, now I'm 26 and late to the party and have no idea what to do from here." It took the better part of a year to finally get my feet under me. Having supportive friends--straight and gay--definitely helped.

4. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah, even though Ive accepted myself and even though I have friends who are there for me and a supportive family, I still feel cut off from them and so isolated. I dunno, maybe its because i don't give enough sleep :/