1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know how have a relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Shasta, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know how to have a relationship. I don't know where to start. I know how to be a sister, daughter, employee, friend, but girlfriend

2. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Shasta,

I know what you mean and can empathize with your plight. I am socially awkward, so find it hard to get to know people. Or go out of my way to go to social functions, where generally people are to be found! I usually meet people through them initiating contact, and at that my social circle is very limited.

The fact that you are able to be a good friend is, I think, your key to finding someone. Obviously the first step in a relationship is meeting someone you like. And that can happen in quite unexpected ways. I wouldn't overthink it. You can't force yourself to like someone. If you are more outgoing, try frequenting places that interest you. You are bound to meet likeminded people that way. And then take babysteps. Most importantly be yourself, don't try to please others just to get attention.

Just a few thoughts.

Sebby45