1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is life

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by carpenoctem308, Dec 17, 2016.

1. carpenoctem308

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I have a friend who's trans (FtM) and I've realized I have a huge crush on him. I knew him before he was out, and I'm still trying to get used to using the correct pronouns. I am really confused about how I feel because I've alway just liked girls, and I feel guilty for having a crush on him because if he had been born the right gender I don't think I would have a crush on him, but because he was born a girl I do. I don't know, this is probably confusing. One of my other friends said he had a crush on me a few months ago while I was still with my ex-girlfriend, and was feeling really crappy because he wanted to be a guy but I like girls. According to my friend he got over me but she's not convinced.
    He says he likes this other guy at school and I'm really jealous. They are really cute together but I want to be him. My friend talks about him all the time and they wear each other's hoodies and hats and basically act like a couple. I try to be supportive of him because it's his life and feelings but holy :***: I'm jealous. I would never say anything bad about his crush or life choices.
    I mostly just wanted to rant but if anyone has advice of some kind or can tell me how to get over a crush that would be nice :icon_redf
    I hope none of that was offensive to anyone. My apologies if something I said was wrong.

2. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For all it is worth, from some articles I read a long time ago (wish I had the links for you) it is not uncommon for lesbians to find FtM's attractive. Don't know why, it is just a thing I guess. Also, you knew this person before they transitioned, so you probably can see some of their old "feminine" qualities, so to speak (no offense!)

As for getting over a crush, I don't have much I can say about that, since I am going through the same thing as well. I can say that things get easier day by day (slowly) if you make a conscious effort to block them from your mind and find hobbies to distract yourself with. That is the best I can offer you.

I hope something of this proves useful to you,

Sebby45