1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

religious ex-gf

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by honney, Dec 17, 2016.

1. honney

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi! I'm a newbie here and I'm happy to have found this forum! Pardon my broken english, my mother language is not this one so I probably will commit a lot of mistakes. I'll try my best to do it well!

Okay, so I have a weird problem. I met a girl a time ago (almost a year) and we became friends instantly. It's like we knew each other for so long. After 2 months being friends, we started dating. It was good because I was coping with a lot of stuff and she was very helpful. She helped me to go throught a lot of things, and I was doing great.
    But well, nothing seems to work perfectly in my life. She told me while we were still good friends, she was an ex jehovah witness and that she still loved it and felt guilty for leaving. But it was fine. I forgot about it though.

So like in July things got bad. We were having big fights and my anxiety was out of hand. There wasn't a single week we wouldn't pass without arguing over the silliest things you could imagine. So she decided to go back to her religion, but failed - according to her she still loved me so much to do it so.
    However, last week she did it. We broke up a month ago and besides my lack of aproval in the idea, we kept being friends - what we were first of all. But I can't handle she going back to her religion. I mean, I failed? I feel sad and i'm getting really sick. I really loved her and I know she cares about me, but I feel she doesn't care so much, you know? Because she left. The worst part was that two weeks ago we slept together and everything was fine, I really thought we would come back together and then she just dropped the bomb on my life. I'm confused as hell... I know a lot of people might say "i should move on and forget about her" but I dont know why, I cant do it. I really wanted to have a future with her. She was my first girlfriend, I came out to my mum even knowing my mum would hate it, so she would know it was "real" and then she just leave me because she is a "sinner" (according to herself) and I just don't know what to do. I want someone to tell me its fine, im not the only one, because I feel so alone and I can't even open up to anyone, cuz this is really awful.
    Sorry for the text, I really wanted to vent somehow. :icon_sad:

2. Guff

I'm so sorry this has happened to you!
    If she has decided for herself being gay is morally wrong than there's sadly nothing you can really do... Nobody "just moves on" it takes awhile, but you'll be fine. Eventually.
    I bet it would suck to come out to "prove" the relationship is real and than have her throw it away... But hey, at least you've come out right? You were bound to at some point.. So that's just 1 problem out of your way! I know it must SUCK now but things will get better. You will eventually meet another girl you like :wink: