1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Renegades, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So, I'll try to keep this brief.

Last school year, I really liked this girl who was bi, and I was very sure she was flirting with me, but at the same time, she vocalized not wanting to be in a relationship. I didn't really get over her, but we have always been just friends.

This school year comes around, I've fallen for a different girl then admitted my feelings after we became friends. She told me she doesn't want to date cause her life is too complicated. I told her that was okay, and that we could be just friends if that was cool with her. I never got a response.

We see each other all the time, and it is always a bit awkward, cause we don't know what to say to each other anymore.

Back to the first girl, she recently broke up with her boyfriend cause he was being an asshole, and she says she's going to stick to dating girls for awhile. I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, but since then it seems like she has been way more flirtatious with me. She kisses my cheek all the time, tells me she loves me, but at the same time, it all seems platonic. Now that she wants to be dating a girl, I want to ask her out, but I'm afraid of changing our friendship like with the second girl.

Now I'm torn between wanting to date and wanting to prevent another broken friendship. Help?

2. Iamsolo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I suggest asking the bi girl if she's attracted to you, if she isn't stay friends, if she is then you should both work it out. But simultaneously trying to repair the other friendship, I'd first of all try to find alone time and discuss with her that you want to remain friends and don't want it to be ruined, if she reacts negatively she probably is homophobic. If she reacts positively then good for you, your friendship will probably start getting better.

3. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    For ther girl in the other friendship that knows I like her, she is probably not homophobic because she is pan and very open and vocal about her sexuality, which is one of the reasons I was willing to tell her how I felt. And as much as I want us to keep a good friendship, it is hard when I see her cause I was so sure she would go out with me. When we were both in the school play, there were times when the chemistry between us seemed off the charts, which is why her rejection hurt me so much, though I told her it didn't. So I want us to be friends, but at the same time I don't.

4. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just got out of a relationship like this. She actually told me at the end that she only wanted to flirt. I would flat out ask her about it, because that's what I wish I did.