1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with my straight crush (roomate)?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by asiarotic, Dec 17, 2016.

1. asiarotic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I recently accepted a room-mate (cause there is no other available accommodation in my workplace which is in a very rural area) who is very attractive to me. Knowing that nothing will ever come out of this I must design a plan to deal with it as my emotion is taking over me right now and my depression is relapsing. He probably knows that I like him based on few signs (e.g. a female friend of ours is saying she felt sparks coming out from him and he told me not to be jealous...seems like they are testing me..since I'm very out in my workplace but they suspect cause I'm not married and have no gf and refused to answer about my previous love life - I hate lying) and I'm unsure if me being a bit touchy feely with him :awesome: is making him uncomfortable....and I gather that just like most straight guy he probably not interested in talking about my feeling and how frustrated I am.... we are sleeping on mattresses on the floor, with him only 1-2 feet away... :drool:

PS: English is my 3rd/4th language so please forgive me. I'm aware that my sentences are incoherence since I just type whatever comes to my mind

Any wise advice on how to move on?
    I'm still trying to find accommodation for him since I think living together like this is killing me softly..fast

2. MsAnchor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Tell him how you feel and that it takes you uncomfortable hiding it, and consider separate accommodations because it ll only get worse if he was not interested

3. Arthur1995

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with MsAnchor. You can also search for another crush and than forget this straight guy.

4. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm dealing with the same thing. It takes time. I'm currently dealing with a huge straight crush. I have found talking to others helps. Looking into my feelings and asking myself why like that person. I also throw myself into projects. Like everyone else says try finding someone else. I have been using a dating app to meet people

5. Gayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm in love with my bestie too.. I just feel so attracted to him but he's straight. According to him, he hates gays. But when i came out to him of me being a gay, he thought i was joking. We are so friendly and i know he likes me. Although might not be in a romantic way but he really like me.. Later, he saw how serious i am about being gay and he accepted the fact. We are still friends, he knows my orientation but i need more, i want him but deep down, i fear am just dreaming cause i can't turn him gay. Some things can't be no matter how hard we want it to.. My friend truly like me and despite coming out to him, our friendship has only grow stronger and mind you, he doesn't joke with me. He's straight, he hates gays, he knows am gay but he's fine with it and our relationship has grow even stronger. Might seem strange lol.. Am planning on getting into a relationship soon though.

6. asiarotic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The problem now is that its impossible to avoid since he got no other place to stay yet (I'm still looking for house him) and we work in a small same place...