1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend extremely jealous of my best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RainbowsFactory, Dec 22, 2016.

1. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I am a 16 years old gay guy and this year, I have met my new best friend. She is in most of my classes at school and she is lesbian (but wants to transition to male in the future.) So I have this other friend that has a crush on me since 2 years now, and she has asked me out twice, but I clearly told her in a polite way that I am not interested and that I am gay.

Her reaction was fine (although she tends to slip some homophobic insults sometimes by accident). Also, we were best friends before and we dated for about a week (I thought I was bisexual back then.) The problem is, I have told her recently that I feel like she is not as close to me as she used to, and told her honestly that I am now best friends with my new best friend that I made this year. (She asked me if I felt closer to my current best friend.) I tried to not hurt her feelings, and wanted to have this conversation with her and I finally had the courage to tell her that I don't feel as close to her.

Sorry if this is so long but here is the troubling part:
    She tries to mimic my best friend! (And not just lightly.) The other day, she literally told me that if her religion told her otherwise, she would be a lesbian and transition to male. Now if what she says is real, I will be very supportive of her, but I doubt that what she said is honest since she told me right after that that she has a big crush on a guy in our year. (And I KNEW it was me.) She also constantly gives me very affectionate hugs and touched twice my legs when I was sitting in the lounge area of my school. (Not just slightly touching them, she was grabbing my legs and it was super awkward and made me feel SO uncomfortable!!!)

All of my friends tell me that she shouldn't be so touchy and she should stop imitating my best friend, but I don't know what to tell her because she can be pretty dramatic. Sorry for this rant. :confused:

2. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    RainbowsFactory,

That is a difficult situation. She is not being very respectful towards you when she gets all touchy feely like that.

I would try to politely tell her that she is making you uncomfortable with her behavior and that it needs to end. Possibly distancing yourself from her (if at all possible) will help the situation cool down.

I'm not sure what else to suggest. But you need to tell her something since she is invading your boundaries.

Sebby45