1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Festive family cheer; beware the ho-ho-homosexual

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SHACH, Dec 24, 2016.

1. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (the title loool)

Well, I was a little apprehensive about Christmas. Tbh I was keen on uni just to get out of the house so I wasn't looking forward to the time off uni. But then I realised that I was gonna have another family Christmas gathering. Last year we just did new year's but it was practically a Christmas thing. I'm not gonna tell the story but my mum freaked and my religious aunt gave me a bible for soul searching :lol: And it lead to months of anxiety with my mother. Please see here for new year's http://emptyclosets.com/forum/family-friends-relationships/201261-mum-saw-some-stuff-my-pc.html and here for the contiution maybe here http://emptyclosets.com/forum/comin...um-practically-knows;-dont-dare-tell-her.html though I don't think it quite gets it down. However, I'm not gonna explain again.

Anyway, I found it quite funny... I sort of tried to tell myself it would not be weird again. But we went to go stay with the religious one this year... And already we've had a lecture about every issue under the sun. Nice things like black pride. But also, the whole "homosexuals are born like that, and we've all got to remember that any one of our loved ones could have ended up born like that, but acting on it is a sin" and "I am disgusted that they try to teach my child about homosexuality like it's okay" and "now these kids think it's like a choice and you know we've all had that close feeling but they're not actually that way inclined" and "if I found out my child was adopted into a homosexual family... That's like handing your child over to the devil".

My face was really red haha. And I remembered that this is actually my mum's sister and they actually think alike... And I was a bit freaked out... Especially since earlier this same day she said "by the end of these holdiays you're gonna tell me what's going on with you". Hm. I think I just forgot that my family is actually conservative... Like my other side is so hippyish and thats what I more have connected to... I remember I used to feel a bit of a way about "homosexuals" too because of my mum but I forgot that you know, this is where she comes from...

So I pretended to be mostly in agreement. You have to know how far to push people. My mum is not a practicing Christian so I push her a lot but my auntie is the most intensely religious person I know... I hate being sound her it's just awkward no matter the subject cos she can't shut up about God haha.

So once again I'm apprehensive and i guess I'll see how actual Christmas goes. And whether my mum forgets about her threat... I just hope I can leave soon after Christmas rather than stay for the holidays cos I don't like it here. But I have no money haha.