1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bigender with straight parter

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KitSylph, Dec 26, 2016.

1. KitSylph

Out Status:
    Some people
    My partner of seven years has been supportive and encouraging in helping me move forward with understanding and expressing my bigender identity...she's bought me new clothes and very sweet gifts, helped teach me some of the basic presentation skills I needed, and so on. I'm very lucky with that, I know.

However, she's straight: she's not attracted to women, even the one she is (sometimes) married to because she has a bigender spouse. This wasn't sprung on her: I told her what I knew about my gender identity very early in our relationship. I think what's newer is her clarity about what her hesitation has been.

This has grown into an even larger problem because she is having trouble feeling romantic about a partner who changes genders, even though she's attracted to one of those genders.

Of course the ideal solution for me would be for her to "become" bisexual. However, as we all know, sexual and romantic preferences isn't generally a matter of choice. It feels a little ironic, but it's clear that I need to be supportive of and an ally for her being straight.

I don't suppose anyone has had any related experiences? This situation is sure to develop further on its own, but I'm worried about where it's going if this is where we're starting from.