1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so confused please help me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by galaxythief, Dec 26, 2016.

1. galaxythief

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't really know where this belongs but I'm so confused right now. I know my sexuality it's just who in specific I'm attracted to. I have random moments where I think I might like someone but then I'm confused as to whether or not I'm just forcing the belief that I like them onto myself.

It's not that I'm not actually gay, it's that sometimes I think in order to be sure of your sexuality you have to always like someone. I'm just confused as to whether or not I actually like some people because I've forced these feelings onto myself.

The other thing kind of unrelated is that I always want to hug people and I think I'm starting to get physical feelings for people. Not in the sexual way but just hugs and kisses (even though I've never kissed anyone). The problem is whenever I tell someone my true feelings I end up getting hurt. My first kind-of girlfriend said some really rude things to me because of a reason I still haven't figured out to this day. My second girlfriend sent nudes to a whole bunch of different guys which is 1. ew and 2. she basically cheated. Then she denied all of it.

I guess I'm scared to get hurt again and the other thing is that the person I think I like is definitely straight. She's accepting of me but she's definitely straight. It sucks and I don't know if I should tell her that I like her. She's been an amazing friend to me and I don't want to change any of that but I also want to talk to her about it.

2. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi galaxythief,

Sounds like you've been having a tough time on the dating front. It is hard to find a good partner LGBT, or not.

As for your feelings, you say you know your sexuality. That is good. Your confusion about always liking someone is just anxiety. No one is constantly crushing/in love. You just find special people along the way. So, not having a crush is not the end of the world. It is life, not a marker of your orientation.

When it comes to your straight friend, it seems like you have a good relationship with her. I know you don't want to get hurt, so if I were in your shoes I probably would hold back in confessing my feelings. If you know she is for certain straight, then what is the point, other than possible emotional relief? She is accepting of you, which is wonderful and I would cherish that, rather than taking a chance and possibly destroying your alliance.

Ultimately, it is up to you to decide. If a moment comes up and it feels right to confess and talk it over, go ahead. Just think carefully before you act. Because the dynamics of your relationship are bound to change if you do. That's just how it is.

Sebby45

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't be too hard on yourself; you can appreciate beauty without getting overwhelmed by it. I'm sorry your first two girlfriends didn't work out, but that doesn't mean all women are like that.

As for your crush on the straight friend, that probably will die down if you convince yourself that this is one-sided. One option is to look for other gay/bi women who share some of the positive attributes of your friend.