1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

second "first date"

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Otaku, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Otaku

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yesterday i just had my very first date with a guy i just met on a dating up the day before, we went to a party (which is not my element) and i kind of shriveled up , i barely talked the whole time because i was nervous and im an introvert and i thought that i had ruined it, but to my surprise, he actually liked me, and he's invited me to spend new year's eve with him and sleepover (nothing is gonna happen, he wants to take things slow to make it work) so this feels like a re-do of the first date.

So im asking for your help , do you guys have any tips for me to carry a conversation, i dont want to deal with as much awkward silences as i did yesterday, especially since today we'll be spending a lot of time together.

2. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Otaku,

It can be difficult speaking to people but if you aren't sure what to say then a good plan is to ask questions about him, his interests and so on. You can also tell him about yourself and your interests. It gives you a change to find out common interests and then you can focus a bit on that.

Other than that see how it goes and enjoy yourself. Hopefully you will find it easier just the two of you. It's ok to go with the flow of the conversation but try not to worry about having to fill silence all the time - that will just stress you out. I hope it goes well for you. Hope this helps and all the best. :slight_smile: