1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work and sexuality

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CeCe2, Jan 2, 2017.

1. CeCe2

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all,

I'm new here and just looking for some advice.

At the moment, I'm closeting myself for a number of reasons, and they may be covered shortly but for now one is my work. I am aiming to be in a business\sales environment and am not sure how my sexuality would impact my career. at the moment its also hard as my current colleagues visit the gay village almost regulary for nights out were I am forced to hide urges, to brush off woman who show me attention and deep down I despise myself but working in a small office of 10 people, where there is already drama, and a directed disdain from some other members of staff (mostly female) due to my standards of work, and achievement rate and i may admit "so called attention" which is no way solicited and the nitpicking gossip already in the office towards me, it may be easier to lie low, but inside it's killing me. Can anyone give me any advice or maybe stories from your own experience?

Thank you

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you could start with your supervisor. They may have known some of the employees there longer than you, and might have some ideas on how to approach some people - or, they could start setting standards/making changes around the office to make things more comfortable for all.

I don't know how much influence any one person has over where everyone goes out after work - would it be possible to suggest someplace else for the time being? Or, on the other hand, skip the nights out if they make you uncomfortable (and possibly go out without your coworkers on different nights)?